Pinoy Tortang Alimasag Ingredients:
12 pcs. Crabs, cooked
2 cups cubed Potatoes
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 medium Tomato, chopped
2 whole eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Pinoy Tortang Alimasag Procedures:
1. Pick the meat out of the cooked crabs, make sure to check for shards of shells. Set aside.
2. Clean out the crab shell cover (talukap), wash thoroughly with plain water. Set aside.
3. Set the pan to fry the potatoes until slightly browned, then take them out of the pan and remove some of the oil.
4. With a tablespoon of oil left on the pan, saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
5. Cook until tomatoes are thoroughly broken down, or add a couple tablespoon of water and press the tomato pieces to break them down.
6. Add the crab meat, mix lightly so as not to break the meat too much.
7. Season with salt and pepper, take out of the pan and strain any excess liquid.
8. Stuff the crab shell cover with the cooked meat, pack tightly, and dip the whole thing in beaten egg.
9. Using a different pan with 1/2 cup cooking oil over medium heat, set the egg dipped torta, with the shell cover side touching the pan first.
10. Invert slowly to brown the crab meat side, the tortang alimasag should not fall apart if they are packed tightly in the shell.
11. Cook until the crab meat side is golden brown.
12. Serve with banana or tomato ketchup.