FILIPINO RECIPE ~ SPAGHETTI CARBONARA ~
PINOY SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
500 grams spaghetti
6 quarts salted boiling water
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
6-8 slices lean bacon, cut into large pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
2- 3 small pieces garlic, minced (I prefer more garlic)
4 egg whites
2-3 tablespoons Coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly grated black pepper to taste.
PINOY SPAGHETTI CARBONARA PROCEDURE
- Add spaghetti noodles to salted boiling water, bring water back to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti until Al Dent (barely tender) about 6-8 minutes (Tasting is the only way to test doneness. Never overcook pasta)
- Add oil during the last 2 minutes. To keep spaghetti from sticking together wen it is drained.
- Drain but leave hot, ready to use.
PREPARE THE SAUCE
- Cook bacon in olive oil crisp in moderate heat. If bacon is excessively fatty, pour off some of the bacon fat.
- Add garlic during the last minute of cooking.
- Working quickly, blend hot bacon-garlic sauce into hot spaghetti noodles in heated serving bowl.
- Work in eggs quickly with grated cheese, tossing spaghetti.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Eggs will harden from the heat of the fat and spaghetti.
- Serve at once. Delicious with Tossed green Salad and your favorite wine.
Filipino recipe|Pinoy recipe