FILIPINO RECIPE ~ RELLENONG GULAY ~
PINOY RELLENONG GULAY INGREDIENTS
2 tbsps. oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 medium size onions, chopped
1 piece sayote, diced
100 grams pechay (separate stems from leaves)
50 grams sitaw, diced
50 grams toge, cleansed
2 tbsps. oyster sauce
Gata from 3 coconuts
PINOY RELLENONG GULAY PROCEDURE
- Heat oil then saute the garlic and onions. Add sayote, chopped pechay stems, sitaw, toge and oyster sauce. Cook until almost done.
- Prepare the pechay leaves. Dip the leaves in hot water to warm them then dry with a towel.
- Place some filling at the center of each leaf then wrap to enclose.
COOK THE STUFFED PECHAY IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- In a wok, steam the stuffed pechay in a little amount of oyster sauce and water until done.
- Cook the stuffed pechay in gata until tender.
- Fry the stuffed pechay until done.