PINOY PUTO CUCHINTA TAHADA INGREDIENTS
1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
2 cups ordinary rice
3 cups cold water
1 cup boiling water
1 cup white sugar
2 tsps. Iye solution
yellow food coloring
PINOY PUTO CUCHINTA TAHADA PROCEDURE
- Combine the malagkit and ordinary rice. Soak in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the rice and add cold water, grind into a smooth paste.
- Add boiling water to the mixture to thicken it.
- Blend in the sugar and the Iye solution.
- Divide the ground rice into two portions.
- Place one portion in a moler lined with cheese cloth and steam.
- Meanwhile, add yellow food color to the remaining portion. Pour this on top of the steamed.