LUTONG PINOY ~ LONGGANISA ~
PINOY LONGGANISA INGREDIENTS
1 kilo ground pork (include the pork fat)
1 spoon salt
1 spoon brown sugar
1 spoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon saltpeter (salitre)
1/2 teaspoon crushed laurel leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red peppers, minced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed then minced
1/4 cup vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
PINOY LONGGANISA PROCEDURE
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the sausage casings. Mix well and let stand for an hour.
- Tie one end of the sausage casing and slowly fill the casing with the ground pork mixture until the end of the casing, then tie the end.
- Tie the middle of the sausage casing in intervals of about 3 inches.
- Keep refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
- To cook, boil longganisa in 1/2 cup of water on a pan or wok. Water will soon evaporate then oil will ooze from the longganisa. Fry it on its own oil or add a few tablespoons of cooking oil and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sausage casings turn brownish
TIP: Longganisa is best served with steamed rice or Fried Rice