PINOY KALAMAY INGREDIENTS
10 liters water
10 kilos white sugar
2 gantas malagkit
20 pieces coconut
PINOY KALAMAY PROCEDURE
- 1. Soak the malagkit overnight.
- 2. Grate the coconuts.
- 3. Extract the milk from the grated coconut two times: first, with 5 liters of water, then with 3 liters of water.
- 4. Pour the malagkit into the first coconut milk extract, and grind the mixture.
- 5. Mix sugar with the second coconut milk extract, and boil to make latik.
- 6. Pour the ground malagkit into the boiling latik, and stir for 4 hours or until the mixture becomes very sticky.
- 7 .Put the mixture into half of a coconut shell. Cool for 3 hours. Then cover with the other half of the shell.