PINOY FISH ESCABECHE
PINOY FISH ESCABECHE INGREDIENTS
1 whole lapu-lapu (about 3kilo)
1 large onion, thickly sliced
1 r3ed bell pepper
1 head garlic
1 thumb-size ginger, slice into strips
3 cups vinegar
1/2 cup water
4 tbsps. sugar
2 tsps. salt
3 tbsps. cornstarch
PINOY FISH ESCABECHE PROCEDURE
- Clean the fish then rub with salt and allow to stand for at least an hour.
- Prepare the vinegar sauce. Add salt and sugar to the vinegar; boil. Add the cornstarch to allow the vinegar sauce to thicken. Mix well then set aside.
- Saute garlic. Add the ginger strips, onions and bell pepper; set aside.
- Fry the fish until it turns golden brown. Place on a serving platter.
- Top with the sauteed garlic, ginger strips, onions and bell pepper.
- Pour the vinegar sauce on top before serving the escabeche.