Ang espasol (Ingles: rice cake) ay isang uri ng manipis at mahaba o tubo ng mamon o matamis mula sa Laguna, Pilipinas. Gawa ito mula sa galapong, gatas ng buko, minatamisang ginadgad na laman ng buko, at binubudran ng tinustang galapong. Ang matamis na mamon o kakaning (rice pudding) ito ay tinatawag ding baybaye sa Pilipinas.
1 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
4 cups rice flour, toasted until light brown
2 cups sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1-1/2 cups toasted shredded coconut
- Boil the malagkit.
- Place sugar, anise seeds and coconut milk in a saucepan; let boil until thick.
- Add toasted shredded coconut and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add boiled malagkit, stir and cook until thick.
- Remove from fire and add 3 cups toasted rice flour.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and pass through a cornmeal grinder.
- Divide into 2 parts and roll (about 2-1/2-inch in diameter). using the rest of the rice flour for rolling.
- Slice into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Yield: 30 pieces.