FILIPINO RECIPE ~ EMPANADA ~
PINOY EMPANADA INGREDIENTS
1 package ( 14 oz ) frozen puff pastry dough
3/4 lb. ground chuck or lean pork
1 medium potato, pare and diced
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 small chopped onion
3 tablespoon of raisins ( this is optional )
2 tablespoon of diced red sweet pepper
1 clove of minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoon of oil
PINOY EMPANADA PROCEDURE
- Saute garlic and onion in hot oil and add meat and saute until meal is brown. Add potatoes, seasonings and red pepper and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, drain excess fat, add raisins, and let cool. Roll pasty to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 4 inche squares
- Take a piece of dough, wet edges with water, place a spoonful of filling on one side of dough, fold the other side over to form a triangle
- Press edges with fork tines to seal. Arrange turnovers on cookie sheet and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degree F .
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes.