Ampalaya With Itlog Ingredients
2 small bitter melon cut into bite sizes
2 raw eggs beaten
3 cloves garlic minced
1 small onion chopped
1 small tomato chopped
1/4 kilo pork, cut in bite size (optional)
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Ampalaya With Itlog Procedures
1. Soak bitter melon in salted water for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Place pork in a hot pan and fry until oil comes out and pork is light brown.
3. In the same pan. Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until soft and fragrant. Stir with the meat for a few minutes.
4. Place in bitter melon. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
5. Pour in water. Cover and simmer until bitter melon is tender.
6. When bitter melon is tender, add beaten eggs and allow egg to cook. Stir for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
7. Serve with steamed rice and fried fish. Enjoy!